A poor service apology letter is written to apologize to the customer for bad service. Poor or bad services may be due to a quality problem, late receipt, improper balance check, inconvenience, and many other reasons. An apology letter should describe why you are sorry for the poor service. It should assure the customer that such a mistake won’t be repeated.
There may be times when your expectations are not met when delivering a product or service. To enhance goodwill, it is better to issue an apology letter for inadequate or poor service. The letter will help to express your regret and will give assurance of better services to the client in the future.
Dos and Donts of Poor Services Apology Letter
- An apology letter should not be disclosed in front of anyone
- An apology letter should be easy to understand. It should be written in easy language
- An apology letter should be written in an authentic way
- A clear reason should be written in an apology letter which should explain the poor services of the company
- The letter is not an official letter so there is no need for the subject line
- An apology letter should be handed over personally as it has a better impact than a letter sent by a third person or by mail or post
- The name and address of the reader should not be written on an apology letter if it is handed over personally.
Preview and details
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
Size 28 KB
Apologizing for poor customer treatment
Dear ‘Name of Customer’,
Please address this letter as an apology for the poor treatment provided to you. Due to our staff members’ unacceptable behavior, you experienced bad service.
We would like to sincerely apologize to you and assure you that our staff members shall be reprimanded for their misconduct. It will be our pleasure to continue to provide you with our services.
Apologizing for a damaged or defective product or service
Dear ‘Customer Name’,
We received your complaint regarding the defective product that was sent to you by our company. After checking in with our shipment team, the reason for the defective product was recognized as an accident that occurred during the shipment process.
Therefore, we would like to apologize for our shipment services. You will find a new product that is re-shipped. Thank you for doing business with us and hopefully, you will continue to purchase our services in the future.
Apologizing for Delayed or Improper Shipping
Dear ‘Name of Customer’,
Please accept this letter of apology for the delayed shipment of the products you purchased from ‘Company Name’. Due to mismanagement, the shipment was not sent out at the right time.
To make up for our mistake, a discount on the ‘Rate’ has been given on the product you purchased. Please find the new bill generated attached to this letter. Thank you for purchasing our products. We hope you will continue to accept our services.
Apologizing for Billing Issues
We received your complaint about the issues in the bill generated and sent to you. We have confirmed that due to workload, the concerned department responsible for the bill generation accidentally mixed up your bill with another client. For this mistake, we sincerely apologize. You will find a gift card for our company attached to this letter. Hopefully, you will continue to purchase our services in the future.
Apologizing for a Product Recall
Dear ‘Name of Client’,
We would like to apologize for the product recall that was made due to the shipment of a damaged product to you. To compensate you for the mistake made by our shipment team, you will find a gift card attached to this letter. We hope that you will look over our mistakes and continue doing business with us.
Thank you and once again apologies for the product recall.
Apologizing for Canceling a Service or Event
Dear ‘Name of concerned person’,
We would like to apologize for the cancellation of your services at the last minute. Due to an unforeseeable turn of events, our function had to be postponed until further notice.
We would like to pay the bill and some compensation for the hassle you and your business were put through. When we can finally hold the function in the future, we would like to purchase the services again. Hopefully, you will accept our booking.
You will find the payment attached to this letter. Thank you for your services.
- Letter to Friend Expressing Support
- Letter to Employer Requesting Mental Health Accommodation
- Letter Requesting Reference Check Information
- Letter Requesting Salary Certificate
- Letter Requesting Recommendation from Previous Employer
- One Hour Off Permission Letter to HR
- Payroll Apology Letter to Employee
- Advice Letter to Subordinate on Effective Communication
- Advice Letter to Subordinate on Time Management
- Letter to Patient for Feedback/Responding Survey/Online Form
- Warning Letter for Rude Behavior with Manager
- Warning Letter to Supervisor for Inadequate Feedback
- Acknowledgment Letter of Professor for Capable Student
- Warning Letter to Manager for Wrong Work Order
- Secret Santa Letter to Girlfriend
- Cold and Cough Leave Message to Boss
- Secret Santa Messages to Coworkers
- Warning Letter for Insufficient Adherence to Instructions
- Undertaking Letter for Company
- Grievance Letter to Supervisor for Retaliation
- Query Letter for Misconduct