The letter to request a payslip is often written by the people to their previous employer. There are many reasons for which you may have to contact your previous employer for the issuance of a payslip. Sometimes, your new job requires you to submit a payslip.
Many people also need salary slips to avail the different types of benefits. No matter for which reason you need to get the salary slip, you are required to write the request letter in a formal way.
Tips to write the request letter:
- Start the letter by addressing your formal employer in a respectful manner.
- Mention the date on which you are writing this letter. Mentioning the date is important since it makes you provide your request letter as proof that you have requested the salary slip.
- Tell your old employer about the dates you started to work for his company and the dates you were dismissed or resigned from the job.
- To be identified easily, mention the post on which you have worked as well as the department.
- Amount of money owed by you such as overtime salary, compensation, bonuses, and a lot more.
- Inform your previous employer that it is important for you to get the salary slip.
- Mention the purpose of requesting. It is not compulsory for you to mention the purpose, however, the employer may be able to support you more conveniently if s/he knows the purpose.
- Write the date by which you need the salary slip.
Here is a sample letter that will be beneficial for you if you want to get a more structured and well-formatted letter of request written for getting a salary slip.
I worked in your company from 6th April 20XX to 7th August 20XX. I resigned from the job on 1st July 20XX. My last day at work was 7th August 20XX. It is humbly requested that please issue me the salary slip of at least 4 months that I need for some personal reasons. I will be thankful to you.
I worked in [Company Name] from September 20XX to February 20XX in the position of [POSITION]. My job details and experience letter issued by the same are attached to this letter.
I am writing this to request you to please issue me a payslip for the period from June 2010 to December 2010. I need these salary slip details for personal reasons. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
My name is Mike and I have worked for your company for five years. In these five years, I have been practically performing various positions. The last post was of Senior Accountant. The duration of this post was eight months starting from October 20XX to June 20XX.
I am writing this letter to obtain the salary slip record for this period. The salary slip record is needed for personal reasons. For your convenience, I have attached my job description form and experience certificate with this letter. Hope it helps to specify the process in detail.
Looking forward to your prompt response.
Letter File: 240 KB
- Letter to Friend Expressing Support
- Letter to Employer Requesting Mental Health Accommodation
- Letter Requesting Reference Check Information
- Letter Requesting Salary Certificate
- Letter Requesting Recommendation from Previous Employer
- One Hour Off Permission Letter to HR
- Payroll Apology Letter to Employee
- Advice Letter to Subordinate on Effective Communication
- Advice Letter to Subordinate on Time Management
- Letter to Patient for Feedback/Responding Survey/Online Form
- Warning Letter for Rude Behavior with Manager
- Warning Letter to Supervisor for Inadequate Feedback
- Acknowledgment Letter of Professor for Capable Student
- Warning Letter to Manager for Wrong Work Order
- Secret Santa Letter to Girlfriend