The term ‘leave application’ is defined as a formal way of thinking to take a break from official work for a specific period. This leave application process is not just followed on an official basis but even for the educational terms as well.
If you have been a school-going student, then you would have remembered that your parents used to submit a leave application before giving you a break. Certain rules need to be followed in terms of writing down the leave application letter. You must mention the actual reason why you are asking for the leave and the number of days for the break.
To take the break, your leave application must be approved by the organization. In case they neglect the application, you would not be allowed to take the break at all. Therefore you must be having a genuine and valid reason to take the break.
Overview of Different Types of Leave Applications:
When it comes to the working environment, then choosing a professionally designed leave letter can make a big difference as regards the communication is concerned. You need to create a leave application letter which is included with the email for different reasons. A few of the basic reasons can be mentioned below:
- Application for sick leave
- Leaving to visit a doctor
- Medical based leave
- Leaving for marriage
- Maternity or Paternity leave
- Leaving for an important work
- Annual leaving request
- Study leave
- Family supporting leave
- Leaving for community service
- Leave application for some visiting sick mother or father
- Leaving for vacation
- Leave because of adverse weather
- Sabbatical leave application
- Unpaid leave format
- Leaving for funeral
What is the Actual format of the Leave Application?
There are so many important things that are involved in making the leave application format successfully approved. In almost all kinds of leave application formats, you have to follow a specific kind of procedure to make sure that the employer has been fully convinced of it. Here we are explaining to you a common format that you can use for leave application writing:
- Your name:
- Company name:
- Date (Write the date on which you are writing this letter)
- Name of the employer:
- Company name:
- Sub: Write down your subject of the application here
Main Elements in Leave Application Format
In the first section of the application, it is important to give away all the details related to the employer and mention in clear words that you are looking forward to taking a break from the official activities. You should mention a good reason why you have been thinking about taking a break.
In this section, you will be letting your employer know about the details of those projects which you have finished successfully and which are already pending. Mention the status of the projects in a detailed manner. You should mention that you are taking the whole responsibility for handing over the pending projects to responsible and trustworthy team members.
In the last portion, you will be mentioning the words of being grateful for considering the leave application. You should mention your personal contact number in case of any sort of emergency.
Now you have to do the closing of the leave application format in a way as mentioned below:
(Your signature here)
(Your name here)
Currently, companies are finding it suitable to get into communication with the employees formally and informally through emails. This is the main reason that if the employee has been looking forward to getting the leave, then they need to get in touch with the employer through the email system.
Letters can perform the same job as well but now that trend has become old. You can easily send an email so you can explain every single point in detail and can even make editing easy if you are required to do so. Right here we have some basic tips to follow while writing a leave application:
- You should mention all the details humbly and gently.
- Make sure you mention all the details including the reason for your leaving in clear and simple words.
- Don’t over-drag the application letter by making some long paragraphs. Your employer will never read it.
Different Samples and Formats
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
Size 28 KB
- Letter to Friend Expressing Support
- Letter to Employer Requesting Mental Health Accommodation
- Letter Requesting Reference Check Information
- Letter Requesting Salary Certificate
- Letter Requesting Recommendation from Previous Employer
- One Hour Off Permission Letter to HR
- Payroll Apology Letter to Employee
- Advice Letter to Subordinate on Effective Communication
- Advice Letter to Subordinate on Time Management
- Letter to Patient for Feedback/Responding Survey/Online Form
- Warning Letter for Rude Behavior with Manager
- Warning Letter to Supervisor for Inadequate Feedback
- Acknowledgment Letter of Professor for Capable Student
- Warning Letter to Manager for Wrong Work Order
- Secret Santa Letter to Girlfriend
- Cold and Cough Leave Message to Boss
- Secret Santa Messages to Coworkers
- Warning Letter for Insufficient Adherence to Instructions
- Undertaking Letter for Company
- Grievance Letter to Supervisor for Retaliation
- Query Letter for Misconduct