If you are in the position to recommend something to an employer, you can write a salary increase proposal letter. When you think that the staff of an organization deserves to get an increment in their salary, you will recommend a salary increase.
It is a type of suggestion letter that is usually written after an event that shows the employer that the staff has worked hard. You can write this letter after the successful completion of a project.
Following are some useful tips that you can follow and write a convincing proposal letter:
- Never write a proposal for a pay raise for yourself. If you want the employer to increase your salary, you will write a request letter, not a recommendation letter.
- Discuss the event that has convinced you to write a proposal letter on behalf of this staff. Mention the achievements of the staff that you think make the staff worthy of the increment in their salary.
- If the employer has already promised a salary increment based on good performance, you can remind the employer of that promise.
- Your tone in the letter should not be commanding. Since you are writing a suggestion letter, the reader should be able to understand through your tone that you are writing a proposal.
- At the end of the letter, provide your contact details to the reader so that the reader can contact you for a follow-up meeting.
Read the sample letter given below to see how to write a proposal for the salary increment.
Sample letter 1:
Subject: Recommendation for increasing the salary of the [X] Staff
I am so pleased to have the opportunity to write this proposal letter for the increment in the salary of my team that has worked day and night for the success of the project.
As a manager of my team, I always kept every member of the team motivated by recalling the company’s policy to increase the salary for showing good performance. Our clients are so happy with the project, and they are committed to working with us in the future also.
I am recommending a 10% increment in the salary of every member of my team. I believe that every who has worked in this team has demonstrated great teamwork and deserves to be encouraged and rewarded.
In the end, I would like to say thank you for your time and consideration. You can contact me anytime if you want to know more about the staff, I am writing this proposal for.
Word 2003+/ Size: 33 KB
Sample letter 2:
Subject: Recommendation for increasing the salary of the staff [XYZ]
I am Mr. ABC working as a supervisor at XYZ Company. The purpose of writing this letter is to propose a raise in the salary of the company’s staff. I am writing this letter because as per the policy of the company, the best of all staff deserves to get the increment after the successful completion of one year of work.
I believe that increment in the salary motivates people more than anything else. People who are satisfied with their salary work with more passion and energy. Therefore, their salary should be increased.
Through this letter, I would like to propose a 20% increment in the staff’s salary. I hope that you will find this proposal workable for you. I am attaching a copy of the performance report of the staff so that you can also take notice of how well the employees have been performing and that they all deserve to be appreciated by increasing their salary.
Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to write this proposal letter. I feel honored. Looking forward to your response. If you need to know anything else, feel free to contact me.
Word 2003+/ Size: 33 KB
- Compliance Letter for Tender Submission
- Generic Project Introduction Letter
- Audit Notification Notice to Employee
- Letter Requesting Petty Cash Reimbursement
- Loan Authorization Letter
- Acceptance Letter of Credit
- Work from Home Accommodation Letter
- Letter to Employee for Shift Change
- Salary Increases Proposal for Staff
- Credit Authorization Letter
- Property Authorization Letter
- Request Letter for an Item’s Quotation
- Letter for Advertisement Proposal
- Reimbursement Letter for Expenses
- Shift Change Request Letter to Manager