Customers are one of the most important parts of any business. Without these, a business cannot gain profit and run. It is therefore necessary to make them happy. If any customer receives a delay, they may put it on your social media platforms. This presents a bad image for the brand.
What is an email to a customer to excuse the delay?
The email to a customer to excuse some delay is the email that a company sends to a customer if the product they ordered is not able to reach in time. A brand must take out time to show customers that they care.
Importance of the email
If there is any delay by a company, they should inform the customer ASAP. This is because the customer will be waiting for the service or product. They need to know if they cannot come on time. A bad image of the brand is given if this excuse is not provided in time.
Tips to compose a good email
The customer representative must apologize carefully to customers if there is any delay. The following points can be considered:
- Be sincere when you apologize: This is the main reason that you are sending the apology email. You must be seen as being sincere. If you try to be defensive and find excuses, the apology will seem like it is forced. This will make the relationship with the customer worse.
- Own your mistake: You need to admit that you are wrong. Take responsibility for the error, even if it is big or small. This will give a good image of your brand.
- Explain why the delay is occurring: You have to tell customers the reasons why the delay happened. Allowing the customer to know how you wronged them is a good strategy to calm them down. This shows that you investigated what occurred.
- Give a plan of action: It is necessary to present a plan of action and what will be done next. The steps must be told to the customer.
If you want to keep your customers satisfied and get more customers then you will need to apologize when there is any delay.
This is with reference to order number [X] placed on our website last Friday the 12th of December. We regret to inform you that the delivery of your order is going to be delayed.
The item you ordered was the last piece in our stock. Unfortunately, it turned out to be damaged. Since all our items are custom designed, it will take at least one week for the new stock to be ready. The delivery process will take a further 3 to 5 days. We request your cooperation and patience.
Our customer care team is available round the clock for your assistance. Please contact us at our toll-free number for your queries and further updates.
Thank you for reaching out to us with your complaint. We are extremely sorry for the delay in providing the requested service to you. Our team has been overwhelmed with a large number of orders during the holiday season. It is due to this reason that our team has been unable to reach you on time.
We promise to resolve your issue within the coming 2 to 3 days. Your patience is appreciated.
We have received your complaint regarding the delay in the delivery of your order. The unpredictable weather conditions last week caused several of our deliveries to be delayed. We are regretful for the inconvenience. You will receive your package within the next couple of days.
We are grateful to you for your patience and cooperation. Please feel free to contact our customer support for further queries.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
- Church of Christ Dis-fellowship Letter
- Letter of Introduction for a Project
- Character Reference Letter to Support Immigration Marriage
- Request Letter to Reduce Working Hours due to Traffic
- Immigration Reference Letter for a Friend
- College Admission Application Letter
- Letter Announcing Dissolution of a Company
- Promotion Letter Samples for Supervisory Position
- Letter to Dissolve the Company
- Supervisor Promotion Letter
- Absence Excuse Letter for Not Attending School Camp
- Donation Request Letters
- Email to Professor about Being Sick
- Absent Message for School for Various Reasons
- Leave Text Message to Boss due to Childcare