In organizations, professional letters are used as a source of communication between the management and the staff. These letters not only make a solid communication between two parties, but they also keep a record of the information that has transferred between two parties.
With the advancement in the field of science and technology, the letter has become an older way of communication. However, it is not completely obsolete.
What is a directive letter?
The organization writes a directive letter to its employees to give them different directions. Most of the organizations use directive letters when they must delegate different tasks to their employees. However, it is the not sole purpose of writing the directive letter.
A company can also write a directive letter to its employees when it wants to get the report of the task assigned to the employee. These letters are used at different levels in different departments of the company.
Tips for writing the letter to submit a report:
Here are a few tips which can help you draft a professional directive letter to your employees.
- The letter should be written in a professional tone.
- Make sure that the language you use in the letter is perfect without any grammatical error or punctuation mistake that can create confusion.
- The ambiguous details in the letter should be avoided. If there is any confusion, it should be clarified.
- Many employers want to get the update about the assigned work. For this, they ask the employee to provide the paperwork or report.
- The letter should provide the details of the work that was assigned in case the employer has assigned multiple tasks. This enables the employee to understand the paperwork or report of which assigned work is being demanded.
- The employee should be given the date in the directive letter by which he is responsible to submit the report.
Report submission is the most important task to be handled by the employee. Most of the organizations measure the performance of the employee on how quickly the employee submits the requested report.
As announced before, the new project has kick-started before the decided time. This means we will have to work hard to meet all the deadlines.
Every employee must know their respective deadlines and work accordingly. If any employee feels that they will not be able to meet the deadline, they should notify the management and discuss beforehand.
I cannot overemphasize the importance of delivering this project. Therefore, I will be monitoring the progress of the project personally. Please feel free to get familiar with the supervisors and the job descriptions.