Many people open public welfare organizations and projects but too soon they end up in failure. In many cases, the major reason is insufficient funds. Since such institutes and projects usually rely on donations, people administrating them fail to collect enough donations for the required purpose.
Since the donation is a volunteer giving, no one can be insisted on it though convincing can be done. As people need to make sure that their money is going for the right because it is your duty to satisfy them if you’re asking for donations.
Asking for donations isn’t easy. Even writing a letter to ask for donations is a tricky task. Donation letters are usually not written for the common public. They are written for special people who have the potential to give huge money for your cause. It is, therefore, important that your letters do not lack all the convincing elements that are necessary to get you a positive reply. In order to write a letter for donation, note these points;
- The very first thing is to address your recipient properly
- Before asking for anything, introduce yourself to the reader in detail
- Once you’re done with your introduction, introduce your organization/cause in detail. How it works, what does it do, etc.?
- Now that your reader knows you as well as your cause, request him decently to assist the cause. Also, add how his donations will make a positive effect.
- Apart from telling the reader how his help will help you, elaborate on how your cause may get affected if he refuses to help
- Make a closing with proper salutations and thanking the recipient for his time to read the letter
Looking for donations? We won’t let your trust end up in failure due to insufficient funds dear visitor. Make use of our donation letter sample here. Follow the format and style but don’t forget to make necessary modifications.
Preview and Details of Template
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
Size 40 Kb | Download
License: ENERGY (General Use)
(Distribution) by Kate Elizabeth(CEO)