A request letter to change working hours can be used if one wants to request their boss to change their working hours. If an employee wishes to change their working hours, then they may need to write a change in time letter to their employer.
The employee may have personal or work-related reasons for wanting to change their working hours, nevertheless, the letter needs to be written in the form of a formal business letter to show that the employee respects their employer or their Human Resources Manager.
Tips when writing the letter
- Type this letter in Microsoft Word.
- You can start by typing your name, address as well as city, state plus Zip code in the top left-hand corner.
- Leave some space and type the date.
- After this leave space and type the employer’s name, address, city, state plus Zip code. Once again leave some space and address the letter to your employer.
- In the first line state why you are writing the letter. State what your present timings are and request which new timings you wish to have. Tell why you want these new timings.
- In the next paragraph tell that you know the requirements of the job and state how many years you have worked there and that you have tried to work to your best.
- It can be a good idea to talk to a superior, and if they agree with you, you can ask them to write a letter of recommendation which you can attach to this letter,
- End by stating that you will be waiting for the reply or meeting. You can add your phone number as well as an email address where the employer can contact you if they need to ask you anything. You can suggest that you are open to suggestions from your employer.
- Thank your employer for taking out time to consider your letter and end with “Sincerely.”
- After some space sign, the letter then types your name and state if you have enclosed anything else.
It is important that you do not force your request but ask it politely, so it may be considered.
Seasonal greetings to you.
You have been very busy previously with work. I was waiting to discuss an issue with you regarding my timings. As you know, my daughter is very young, and she needs someone to be with her all the time. Therefore, I have decided to cut on my work timings. I know there is a rule to follow the eight-hour work shift.
I am very proficient with my work and I have trained my team to be very responsible. Therefore, I can work partially from home and for any urgent matters, I will make sure to be at work. If you approve this, it will be a great help for me and my family.
File: Word (.doc) 2003+ and iPad
Size 17 Kb | Download
[Personal Use Only]