Every school has a concrete policy regarding fee payment. Each student in the school is required to pay the fee of each month by the 10th of every month. If for some reason, the school does not receive the fee of a child, it can contact the parents or guardians of that child.
What is the outstanding fee letter to the parent?
It is a kind of letter that a school usually writes to those parents whose child’s fee is pending. The purpose of this letter is to remind the parents that their child’s fee is overdue and it needs to be paid as soon as possible.
Importance of writing the outstanding fee letter:
Many parents don’t take it seriously when they realize that they have not paid the fee of their child for the last 3 months. In this situation, the school writes the letter and lets the parents feel the seriousness of the matter. When a school writes this letter, it lets the parents know that the due fee is creating a problem for the school and the child also. In this way, this letter serves as a serious reminder to the parents of the child.
Tips for writing the outstanding fee letter to parent:
If you are a representative of the school and you have been tasked to write the outstanding fee letter to parents of the child, we hope that the following tips will be helpful for you:
- When you write the outstanding fee letter to someone, make sure that you remain respectful throughout the letter. In some cases, the school feels angry over the non-payment of fees. However, it does not mean that you use disrespectful words or tone in the letter.
- Ask the parents of the child respectfully to pay the fee of the child. You should mention the total fee that is required to be paid along with late fee charges and other types of charges. For clarification, mention the names of the month of which the fee is pending.
- Tell the parent of the child that their child will be able to continue his studies in the school smoothly if they pay the pending fee as soon as possible. This will give a clear indication to the child’s parents that they must pay the fee of the child if they want their son/daughter to continue studies in the school without any delay.
- Try to keep the letter short and to the point. The purpose of the letter is to remind the parents about the fee they have not paid for many months. You should never forget the purpose while writing this letter. Additionally, you should also try to make sure that you don’t add anything extra in the letter that does not hold any value to the recipient of the letter.
- Offer your help to the parent in easy payment of the fee. For example, if your school has the policy to receive the fee in installments, do mention it in the letter so that parents can find it easy to pay the fee without any problem.
To help you write an outstanding fee letter to the parents of the child, we have a sample letter below. This sample letter will let you know about the correct format as well as the structure of the letter.
Address of the parent:
Subject: outstanding fee letter
This letter is being written most respectfully to you to state that the amount of 500$, which is the tuition fee for February and January is pending against the school fee of your son. (Provide the details of the child).
We are hereby requesting you to clear the entire fee as soon as possible so that your child can continue his studies in this prestigious institution without any delay. Please be informed that we have a policy to help parents to pay fees in installments also. A prompt reply from your side will be highly appreciated in this matter.
Thank you so much for your time.
Signatures of the school’s representative
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
Size 28 Kb