An insurance approval letter is a letter written by a member or subscriber of an insurance policy and is addressed to the insurance company. An insurance policy entitles the person with the expense coverage and the member does not have to pay the money, instead, the insurance company pays it for him. In the insurance approval letter, the member informs the insurance company about his medical treatment and makes a request to cover the related expenses.
When writing an insurance approval letter, a member should consider the following things:
- The tone of the letter should be polite and professional.
- The member should ensure, before requesting, if his policy allows for the coverage of the expenses he is requesting.
- All the supporting evidence and documents should be attached to avoid slowing down of processing.
- This letter is a formal letter which goes in the member file and is kept as a record for any future reference. Therefore, it should be written properly and with all the relevant and correct details.
When writing an insurance approval letter, depending on the requirements of the involved parties, a member may develop his own template or use the template provided by the insurance company or use a template from the online sources and programs, such as Microsoft Word.
In addition to the template choice, the details to be included in the letter may vary as well from member to member and from company to company. However, the general details included in all the letters are:
- Details of the member.
- Details of the insurance company.
- Policy reference and member ID.
- Details of the medical treatment.
- The request for expense coverage.
- The reason behind the expense occurrence.
- Request for fast processing.
- Supporting documents.
- Salutation and signature.
In some cases, a pre-approval insurance letter may also be written. In this, the member seeks pre-approval from the insurance company, before the occurrence of the expense, to cover his medical expenses. This letter is written if the insurance company or the policy requires it or the member requires the money before the medical procedure.
Sample Insurance Approval Request Letter
To whom it may concern,
I am writing this letter to request for the approval of expense coverage of my back surgery, which I recently went through on 5th July 2019.
After reviewing my policy details, as a member of ABC Insurance Ltd (Member ID: XXX), I believe I am entitled to the coverage of any sort of expenses associated with my medical treatments, including surgeries if I can provide the required documents and evidence.
I have been suffering from back pain issues for a few months and the doctor suggested the surgery as the only option. I am attaching all the relevant prescriptions and documents with this letter to support my case.
Kindly, process my request on an urgent basis as my hospital bills are still pending. I will be grateful to you. If you need any other information, you can contact me at [contact].
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 28 Kb | Download