If there is a need to appoint someone in the company for the post of secretary, you will have to write them an appointment letter. The appointment letter for a secretary is always for someone who is currently not working in that company. You cannot issue the appointment letter to someone who is already working in the same company.
Writing an appointment letter for the secretary:
Many people might be thinking that it is not mandatory to write an appointment letter in this age and time when technology has become so much advanced and everything has now started to work digitally. However, this is not the case. It is always considered to be a good practice to write an appointment letter.
When an offer letter is written, the company ensures that it has covered all the important matters in the letter. The company is in a better position to have fair dealing with its employees when it sends them an offer letter.
What are the benefits of writing the appointment letter for the secretary?
A company renders many benefits when it writes the appointment letter. Some of the key benefits are:
It allows the employer to clearly explain the expectations:
By writing the appointment letter, the employer is in a better position to explain what he expects from the person he has decided to hire as a secretary. Every appointment letter mentions the job responsibilities of the secretary. However, it is not mandatory to include them. The employer can also make policies of the company clear in the letter to avoid any violation of these policies in the future by the person being hired.
It conveys important matters:
A secretary usually handles a lot of information about the company and the employer. Therefore, the employer needs to make it certain that the information that is shared with the secretary will not be misused or mishandled. Additionally, it should also be ensured that confidential information of the company is kept secret.
It gets confirmation:
Sending the offer letter to someone does not confirm the employment because sometimes, the offer letter is sent so late that the recipient gets recruited somewhere else by then. Therefore, this letter asks the recipient to sign this letter if he is really into this job. In this way, the employer gets the confirmation.
Name of the recipient:
Complete address of the recipient
Subject: Appointment letter for the secretary
Dear (use the second name with the salutation),
We are pleased to inform you that the board of directors of the company has decided to appoint you as the full-time secretary in the company. We request you to contact the undersigned so that you can be introduced to the relevant person before you start working as a secretary.
We have decided to appoint you with reference to your application on the following terms and conditions:
- You will be entitled to receive an amount of salary that will be decided by our board of directors.
- You will be allowed to take off from the work due to sickness or any type of urgent piece of work. Additionally, you will be given festival holidays.
- You will have to work on the probation period for six months before you are issued another appointment letter of permanent employment. During this probation period, you can leave the company with the prior notification of 24 hours.
- As a permanent employee, you will be required to notify the company 2 weeks before your last day. Before you leave the company, you will have to return all the items that you borrowed from the company such as a laptop, etc.
- You shall not be allowed to disclose confidential information of the company to anyone.
In the end, we look forward to your decision to get associated with our company as a secretary. We request you to sign this appointment letter and send it back to us so that we can be sure about your joining.
Name of the company,
Designation of the sender in the company
Signatures of the sender
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
Size 22 Kb