A warning letter that is issued formally by the employer or the HR department, for neglecting or overlooking work responsibilities, is what is called a warning letter for ignorance of the work. The main purpose is to inform the employee about his negligence and to correct or ask him to change his behavior towards his work duties or face the consequences.
Every company expects its employees to perform their tasks and duties responsibly and effectively. Sometimes employees, intentionally or unintentionally, fail to follow the rules of the company and have to face the consequences, depending on the situation. A warning can just be about correcting their behavior towards work or in some cases, disciplinary actions need to be taken. Most commonly, it is the responsibility of the HR department to communicate this to the employee in a formal letter.
The main purpose of a warning letter about work performance is to amend the employee’s actions so he/she can be more productive and effective. There can be more than one warning letter, depending on the circumstances. A final warning letter is issued if an employee ignores the corrective actions and continues to make the same negligence again and again.
Things to Consider
The following things must be considered while writing the letter:
- The letter must not be rude or offending. It must be compact and meaningful and written in a professional manner.
- Before issuing a warning for ignorance of the work, employee’s personal attendance records and reviews must also be evaluated.
- The letter should include what the company expects the employee to do in order to avoid negligence.
- State the actions that will be taken if an employee fails to amend his/her actions.
- The employee should be provided with an opportunity to respond and clarify the accusations against him and the employer should evaluate the situation after listening to the employee’s explanation.
Sample Warning Letter for Ignorance of Work
Date: 23rd December 2019
Subject: Warning letter for Ignorance of Work
Dear Mr. Mills,
I am writing you this letter to warn you about the continuous negligence of your work and missing your deadlines. It has been more than a month now and despite a verbal warning from your manager, you have shown no improvement whatsoever. You have been coming late to the office and you don’t even inform the HR department about it.
This type of attitude won’t be tolerated in the future. Consider this as your official warning. You are required to work on your behavior towards your work and improve your performance.
You have been an employee of this company for the past 4 years and we have the confidence that you will be able to make progress. If there is a hindrance in the way of your work, then please share it with the HR department so we can work it out. We will re-evaluate your performance within the next couple of weeks.
We are looking forward to some great progress in your work.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 21 Kb | Download