What is a proposal letter on ID card?
A proposal letter on a library card is a letter written to emphasize the importance of having and wearing ID cards by the librarians. It can be written by the students, teachers, library management, or the librarian himself. This letter is addressed to the principal of an institution or the top management of an organization.
Usually, the issuance of library ID cards is a common practice in organizations. At the same time, it is not necessary that all the organizations would implement that policy of issuing ID cards. Like all other ID cards/badges, the library ID cards hold great importance as well because:
- It helps in identifying the librarian and clarifies the related confusion for the students or other people.
- If the students are facing any problems, such as finding a certain book, report a lost book, etc., they would know who to approach.
- If the librarian is distinctly identifiable through an ID card, the authorities would know who to hold responsible, if there are any library related issues.
- The librarian can exercise his authority, and smoothen the functionality, by having and wearing an ID card.
Importance of writing ID card proposal letter
As a library ID card is important, the proposal letter on the library card is written to address and highlight this aspect. This letter may have two main parts:
- It may indicate the necessity of having an ID card for the librarian.
- And if the ID card has already been issued, the proposal letter would focus on the librarian wearing the ID card.
The content of the proposal letter on the library ID card may vary as per the organization’s policies as well as the addresser of the letter, e.g., whether it is being written by the students, teachers, library management, or the librarian, as the priorities of each addresser would be different for proposing the ID cards. However, generally, the following information is included in the proposal letter on the library cards:
- Details of the addressee.
- Details of the addressor.
- The proposal of the library ID card.
- Its importance and benefits.
- Salutations and signature.
When this proposal is received by the principal, he would consider and analyze the benefits of implementing the library ID cards for the institution. If he deems it advantageous, he will accept the proposal and order the issuance of the library ID card.
Director of ABC Institute
Dated: 28th February 20XX
Subject: Issuance of Library ID card
It is respectfully stated that I am a student of the Information Technology department at ABC Institute. I have an exceptional academic record and represent the sports team from my department each year in the sports gala. I am writing this letter to put forward a proposal for issuing library ID cards for every student.
I have been a regular student in the library and use books for academics as well as non-academics I.e., novels, biographies, fiction, and others. We suffer a lot due to the unavailability of library cards because only one book can be issued on the student ID card, and we have to wait for a long period of time.
Sometimes, while making assignments, books are used as helping materials and we are not allowed to get 2 books issued on our student card therefore, I request you to issue library cards for keen students that allow them to issue as many books as they want. In addition, it can also be used as bonus points for final examinations.
Kindly consider my request as a priority.
Student of IT Department
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
Size 21 Kb