Be very careful if you’re leasing your property or land especially if you’re doing so for the first time. A lease agreement letter is a legal letter that helps you conduct a smooth and safe agreement process. Since you hand over your property or item to someone else, you should make sure that it comes back to you safe and sound.
Leasing is basically an agreement almost like that of renting. The difference between the two is that renting is done for a short period of time usually for 30 days and after that, the contract is automatically renewed whereas leasing is done for a long period of time and meanwhile the landlord cannot make any changes in the agreement until the agreement ends or is terminated by both parties with the mutual decision. The lease agreement letter is sent to the lessee by the lessor.
In order to make your lease agreement letter proper, professional and fully legal try to follow these guidelines;
- Write clearly the name of lessor and lessee.
- Mention the details of the agreement and its terms and conditions.
- Add the amount of lease properly
- Specify how a lessee will have to compensate in case of any damage.
- Keep the language of the lease agreement letter simple and clear.
- You should make sure that your lease agreement terms are not violating any laws of your country.
- For a lease agreement to be used as a legal document it is important to attest it from a notary public or attorney.
- Always keep a duplicate of agreement with you as proof.
If you’re planning to lease your house but are confused about writing lease agreement letters, our samples are here to help you.
The text of the letter contains
After your consent, I am now finalizing the agreement. This lease agreement will take effect from [enter date]. Note that in this whole period, neither you the lessee, nor I the lessor, are supposed to go beyond the terms and conditions of the agreement the detail of which has been mailed to you with the form.
The lease amount has been fixed to [enter amount] which you are supposed to pay by the [enter date] of every month. The agreement is for the period of [enter period] and the lease charges will not rise until a fresh agreement is made. As soon as the advance payment is received you’ll be able to accommodate the land/house/ for lease. I would like to remind you of the clause of the agreement form which mentions that the agreement form is a legal document and can be used as legal proof if the need arises. I hope such a need will not arise.
The agreement is hereby finalized on [enter date].
Preview and details of the templates
Lease agreement letter templateFile: Word (.doc) 2007+ and iPad Size 28 Kb | Download
File: OpenOffice (.odt) Writer [Writer] Size 17 Kb | Download
License: ENERGY (Personal use only)
(Distribution) by Kate Elizabeth(CEO)
Tenancy agreement letter from landlord
22nd January 2019
In response to our online conversation about the advertisement regarding my
- The lease will start from 1st February 2019 and will terminate on 31st January 2021 i.e. for two years.
- The apartment has electricity, gas & water connections and has furniture (a bed and a sofa set).
- The rent per month will be $2300 per month.
- A security deposit of $3000/- will be necessary before you move in.
- The apartment should be used only for residential purposes and not for any commercial purpose.
- The rent will be paid on the
5 thof every month.
- The tenant can’t sublease the apartment to a third party.
- Any loss or damage done by the tenant to the apartment will be deducted from the security amount at the time of ending of
If you have any questions you can reach me at this number [X]. I would like your response within seven working days or I will consider that you don’t agree and will find another tenant.
Room rental agreement letter
Samara, sans 90451
22nd January 2019
Samara, sans 90456
This agreement letter is written for the property situated at Jordan Villa 305-a Santa Town. This agreement is for Jenny Wills for 8 months beginning from 1st February 2019 and ending on 30th September 2019. This is for the rent of a large room and a bathroom.
The rental amount will be $500/- and will be paid on the 10th of every month after 10 a late rent of $20/- will be charged. A security deposit of $1500/- is a
Miss Jenny Wills will be responsible for her food and utilities. All the utilities (electricity, water, gas, cable, trash) will be split in half and are paid to the owner.
Mr. Timmy Tank will be responsible for any renovation in the house and if any loss or damage has done by Jenny Wills to the said property she will be responsible for that.
In case this agreement does not work it can be put to an
Rental agreement letter
North Ohio, 30897
22nd February 2019
67777- City market
This rental agreement letter is written between George Robert (landlord) and William Frank (lessee) for the apartment located at 567- White road North Ohio. The duration of the lease will be 2 years. Mr. Frank will pay $600/- per month as the rent of the apartment. the rent should be paid at the 5th of every month after that $20/- will be charged per day. A security deposit of $1000/- will be necessary. Mr. Frank will be responsible for ensuring the property during his stay and until the agreement is valid. Mr. Frank is not authorized to use the property for any illegal attempt.