The complaint letter about the manager’s attitude is a document prepared by an employee to address either the employer, higher management, or the HR department. In this letter, the employee launches a complaint against his/her manager and seeks the employer’s support as well as the resolution of the problem.
An employee, while working under a manager, may experience many personal or professional problems with the manager’s attitude and unprofessional behavior, such as laziness, blame games, shouldering-off of work onto others, harassment, abuse, etc. These sorts of problems may disturb the employee and impact his productivity and hence need to be communicated. One of the formal ways of launching a complaint is writing a letter, which has many benefits, like:
- It can communicate the issue properly in written form.
- The higher management or HR might not be aware of the issue, and the letter can inform them about it.
- When higher management is involved in addressing an issue, the chances of resolution are higher.
- The higher authorities can base their actions on this complaint letter.
- A warning letter that goes in the manager’s employee file can be issued after the complaint launches.
The information included in the letter may vary according to the extent and impact of the manager’s attitude and the complaint launched. However, the general details included in such a complaint letter are:
- Details of the employee.
- Details of the employer/HR department
- Details of the manager against whom the complaint is being made.
- The issue is with the manager’s attitude.
- Effects on the employee, other employees, and/or the company.
- The complaint.
- Request for the resolution.
- Salutations and signatures
This letter needs to be written carefully, as it is being written by a subordinate about a senior. The issue and reasoning should be true and strong; otherwise, both the employee and the manager might have to suffer. On the other hand, if the complaint is true and the management handles it properly, the employee, along with his colleagues, may experience a better working environment.
Sample Complaint Letter About Manager’s Attitude
Dear Mr. Jim,
I am writing this letter to launch a complaint against the ‘Marketing Manager’, Mr. John William.
Being an ‘Assistant Marketing Manager’, I come directly under his supervision. Many tasks are impossible to complete without his guidance and signature. Also, as he is often the one attending the client meetings, I need to seek information about the client’s requirements and priorities from him. However, he has a very laid-back approach. He does not seem to care about the proper provision of information, completion of deadlines, appropriate fulfillment of client requirements, etc. And then, at the eleventh hour, he rushes everything and burdens the team with all the work.
I want to put forward my complaint and request that you investigate this matter and sort out the issue for me and the rest of the marketing team as well. Let me know if I can provide any more information.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 21 Kb | Download