We often need people’s authorization when we want to do something that directly or indirectly impacts them, and they have a legal right to stop us from executing such tasks. Taking authorization is also a legal action that shows that you not only respect the law but also the rights of the other person.
What is authorization for a house renovation?
This letter is written by the tenant to a landlord to seek his permission to renovate the house. The tenant resides in the house that is in the ownership of the other person. According to law, only the owner of the house has the authority to renovate the house or repair it. However, if the tenant is residing in his house and he is facing difficulty, he can write a letter to his landlord and ask for the authority.
Why it is important to write the permission letter?
Landlords don’t want their house to be repaired by anyone else. They don’t want the design or overall look of the house to be changed by any other person but themselves. Therefore, they don’t allow the tenant to do any such thing with the house. However, if they know that the house needs seeing to and they cannot do it on their own because of any reason, they can authorize the tenant to do this.
In general, a clause is specified in the agreement of tenancy that assigns a responsibility to the owner of the property to make arrangements for the house renovation by either getting himself involved or by giving authority to the residents of the house.
When to write the letter of authority to the tenant?
Different situations necessitate it for the house owner to come up with the permission letter. Some of these situations are:
- When the landlord is not physically available for executing and overseeing the renovation work himself
- When The landlord is not physically fit and cannot make arrangements for repairing the house
- When the property owner trusts the residents and he knows they can get the job done in an efficacious way
- When the owner does not have sufficient funds and cannot repair the house from his pocket
Things to remember before writing a letter of authorization:
Writing this kind of letter is not a difficult step. However, one needs to be extra cautious so that it can be ensured that there is no risk involved in this.
- The landlord should do thorough research and see what kind of renovation is needed and why before he gives his authority to anyone.
- The landlord should also ensure that the person who he is mentioning is a trustworthy person who is not likely to harm the property.
- The landlord should also seek the assistance of his lawyer on this matter before he takes an important step
- There should not be anyone unlawful said in the letter. For this, the property owner should refer to the agreement of tenancy and see what has already been agreed upon in the contract regarding renovation.
- If nothing has been said before, the landlord can organize a meeting with the tenant and have a discourse with him face to face so that all the important matters are covered.
Following is a sample letter that has been written by a property owner to the residents of his property to approve them of the repairing of the house.
Sample approval letter for house remodeling:
Mention the name of the tenant
Subject: authorization for remodeling of the house
I, (name of the landlord) allow Mr. ABC to renovate the house (mention the house number and complete address) under the B section of the contract of tenancy according to which, I can allow Mr. ABC to remodel the house in case I am not available.
I trust Mr. ABC and believe that he can take care of the house well. Moreover, I will be available for discussion of important matters regarding this. If there is anything unlawful done, Mr. ABC will be held responsible since he has been assigned this responsibility
Name of the sender,
Designation of the sender with respect to the situation,
File: Word (.docx) 2007
Size 12 KB