Contractors are individuals who took responsibility for performing a task for someone on decided terms and conditions. Either they perform the project themselves or put a workforce to complete the task. The basic job is to perform well and provide adequate services to the customer.
If you are someone who took the services of a contractor and feels s/he has not performed as per the contract you can write a formal letter to the contractor. The letter states the drawback and flaws found in the completion of the project.
Writing a letter is a professional and formal way of communication. Written documents and correspondence are very important as they can be used for legal actions if required.
Following is a sample letter that you can utilize to write to a contractor if you suffered the same situation anyway.
I am very sad to write to you that your work performance was not satisfactory at all. You mentioned in your resume that you are a professional constructor and have wide experience in this field. You were hired to do my office’s walls finishing and woodwork. You ended up in the worst condition. You used low-standard products and its results have started showing. The wooden sheets on the walls have started peeling off.
I had invested a lot in renovation by trusting you. You deceived me by taking the full prices of the products and buying them from a second-hand market. You are left with two options, either to deal with my issue or reimburse the total amount. You have put me at a great loss and I want you to contact me in two working days.
I have been shocked after seeing your poor performance in a site construction project. You have made me suffer a lot and I have come to the edge of great financial loss. You had signed a six months contract with us but I am not satisfied with your performance. It has paved the way for more issues. You have breached the contract and I will take the matter to court.
I had minutely described to you the nature of the work I demand. But you did not keep any point in your mind while working. I visited you often to keep a check on you and verbally guided you to ameliorate your work. You are hereby advised to revise your work otherwise we will end up canceling the contract. Please be informed that the expenses will be made by you. You will pay the new contractor and will also pay for the damage we have encountered due to your lack of performance.
Dear James, we had signed a three months contract with you for our housing scheme construction. In the first phase, you needed to accomplish 30% of the work. I am disheartened to inform you that your choice of poor products has started showing. The sewerage system is of low quality and there is water leakage in the bathrooms and kitchen. The ceiling of the TV lounge and bedrooms is also not well finished as it is flaking off from different points.
I had let you know of my concerns but you did not give a thought to it. You have violated the agreement’s terms and conditions and you need to correct all the damages. In case of breaching, you will accountable for its consequences.
Please be informed that the deadline for project finalization is approaching and I have found some drawbacks in your performance. I am not satisfied with your performance as it is not up to my mark. You did not give your best to accomplish the project and took the full payment in advance. You have a good reputation in the market and I hired you after increasing demand for your work. Your performance has made me rethink canceling our future contracts.
I am writing this letter to make a complaint about your unsatisfactory work while renovating my kitchen. I hired you for the job after hearing some good reviews about you from my acquaintances and friends. You might have done a good job for them, but it has been a very disappointing experience for me.
I am discussing and highlighting the problems below. I will appreciate it if you go through it and offer a solution.
- Firstly, it is the poor quality of the materials you have used which is highly unsatisfying. It has only been a month since the completion of the job and the floor tiles have already begun to crack. The same is the case with the countertop marble. It has started chipping off from the corners. In addition, the paint on the ceiling is also coming off. The poor quality of these materials proves that you must have picked cheap-priced materials from the market despite charging me in full.
- Apart from the low quality of the used materials, the installation job has also been done quite poorly. The tiles are coming off while the handles of some of the kitchen cabinets are loose. All in all, my new kitchen is an utterly disappointing mess.
I now demand rectification of the mentioned problems or a complete refund. I have been facing a great deal of inconvenience due to all these problems. In case I don’t hear from you within a week, I am afraid I will not be recommending you to any of the people I know and further reporting to an attorney.
I expect you to show a professional attitude and offer solutions to fix the discussed issues.
Preview and Details
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad
Size 32 Kb
- Warning Letter for Inappropriate Behavior at Workplace
- Warning Letter Samples for Outstanding Payment
- Letter Transferring Employee to Another Branch
- Letter to Express Concern about a Team Member
- Loss of Pay Letter to HR
- Letter to Employee for Why not Coming to Work
- Letter of Recommendation from Employer for Higher Studies
- Tender Award Acceptance Confirmation Letter
- Proposal Letter for Animation Videos Creation
- Animation Video Proposal Letter
- House Construction Project Completion Report Letter
- Last Notice to Pay School Fee