Sending a wrong product to a customer when he has expected a much more responsible behavior creates a lot of problems for a business. The customer feels angry and regrets buying the product from that business.
Most of the time, this situation leads to losing that customer forever. If you are running a business and you have made the mistake of sending a wrong product to a customer, you can try to at least mend the situation by writing an apology letter.
A business writes an apology letter when it has sent the wrong product to the customer by mistake. In this letter, the business admits the mistake of sending an improper shipment. When a customer sees that the improper shipment was not a deliberate action, and the business is feeling remorseful he is likely to forgive the mistake and move on.
Here are a few tips to consider when you are trying to write an effective letter to show regret:
- Refer to the shipment details through which you have sent the wrong product to the customer. In other words, mention the order number and tracking number to let the customer know that is keeping an eye on the shipment
- Let the customer know that you are sorry for sending the wrong product and the mistake has been committed to you.
- Tell the customer what you are thinking to correct the situation.
Read the sample letters given below to see how you can draft a professional apology letter:
Sample letter 1:
Subject: Apology for improper shipping at [X]
Respected Mr. ABC,
This letter is being written regarding your order number A998 which was placed by you on 16th July 20XX. We received a complaint from you on 25th July 20XX that we have sent you the wrong product. After processing, it was revealed that we have sent you an improper shipment and our company is feeling remorseful for causing you inconvenience.
Our customers are our top priority, and we always try to make sure that they remain happy and satisfied with our services. We are entitled to make mistakes and sending you a faulty product was merely a mistake. We never intended to do that. We, therefore, request you to please forgive us and give us one chance so that we can take the necessary actions to make up for the mistake.
You are requested to send the wrong product back to us and place another order so that we replace it with the right product. You can also visit our store near you and get the replacement done from there. Make sure that the receipt of the product is with it when you replace the product as the product will not be returned without the receipt.
Should you want to know more about this matter, feel free to contact our customer care representatives. We would love to serve you in the future also.
Subject: Apology for improper shipping for [X]
Respected Mr. ABC,
I hope this letter will find you in the best health. I am writing this letter on behalf of ABC Company to express our serious regret for sending you the wrong shipping. This has happened due to some confusion among our staff members handling your order. We are so regretful to make you experience the situation of getting the wrong product after a long wait.
To correct our mistakes, we have sent you the right product. You are requested to send the wrong product back to us. You will receive the product in 4 to 5 working days. We promise to provide you with the best experience, and you will not have to complain again. Feel free to contact us in case you have any questions.
- Unsuccessful Tender Letter for Construction
- Letter to Receive Pending Salary
- Work from Home Recommendation Letter
- Letter Replying to Unsuccessful Tender
- Letter Notifying Vendor Losing Bid
- Sick Absence Message to Professor
- Invitation Letter for Tender Advertisement
- ADA Accommodation Letter to Employee
- Apology Letter for Canceled Services
- Proposal Letter for Hiring Staff
- Apology Letter for Poor Customer Service
- Apology Letter for Improper Shipping
- Employment Letter for Embassy
- Employment Letter of Interest
- Letter to Participate in the Tender