You’ll have to verify your identity or status at many places, especially in professional life. Verification letters are used to confirm a person’s status, affiliation, or background. They can be of different types.
For example, an ex-employer might write a verification letter for his employee to confirm his working background or a college or university might provide academic verification documents for their students.
Verification letters might also be issued by courts to verify the marital status of a person, by a government to verify his citizen’s citizenship, etc. So basically verification letters are of a diverse category. There is no single universally acknowledged sample to be used for all types of verification purposes.
The format of the letter remains business letter format but the body of the letter and the strategy of the letter changes according to the spheres where it is being used. But here’s something we can tell you about verification letters.
- I’m sure you know that writing a verification letter is a responsibility. Never give anyone an undue favor by writing undue verification letters for them.
- Introduce yourself and your organization to the reader so that he may know who is verifying.
- Always add your contact details in a verification letter, so that if the recipient wishes to contact you any further for confirmation, he may do so.
- Remember it’s a verification letter and not a praise letter. Don’t go out of the way in giving character attributes of your employee or the person who you’re writing for unless it is a character verification letter. The recipient of the letter primarily wants verification of the person’s work or academic background in most cases.
- A verification letter is among one of the shortest business letters. Remain concise and to the point.
If you’re an employer or a person of authority, you must be vexed by the daily requests for verification letters. With a tough schedule, writing letters of verification for no. of individuals, that too for different purposes isn’t easy. We understand your problem and therefore have designed a wide range of verification letters for instant use. Below is a sample that you can follow to write your verification letter.
Employment Verification Letter
To Whom It May Concern
I am [enter name and title] from [enter company/organization]. This letter is meant to verify the employment of Mr. [enter name]. I verify that Mr. [enter name] is working at my office as [enter title]. He joined the company in [enter year/month/date]. His employment type is permanent and full-time while his current salary package is [enter amount]. His major duties include [enter description].
On the basis of the above-mentioned details, I request you to consider this verification letter in his favor. For any confirmation, I can be contacted at this phone number, 123-4567-8901 and can be reached at this address, [enter address].
File: Word (.doc) 2007+ and iPad
Size 27 Kb
Verification letter for immigration
I am writing this letter in order to verify the details of XYZ as required for his immigration application for Canada. I have been his Senior Supervisor at ABC company and have known him for the past 5 years.
I can confirm that XYZ is a person of good character and ethics. He has established a good reputation with everyone in the office. There has been no unpleasant incident in my knowledge during his tenure with us.
XYZ is also a hard working individual. He is willing to learn new techniques and acquire new skills for his career development. He is going to be a valuable asset wherever he goes.
I can also confirm that XYZ is financially stable. He has never applied for a loan or advance salary. He has no outstanding dues with the company.
I, therefore, highly recommend him for immigration to Canada. He is a reliable and law-abiding citizen who will be a valuable addition to his new destination.
I am pleased to verify the details of XYZ for admission to (name of University). She has been one of my best students during her 2 years of intermediate classes at (name of college) under my headship.
XYZ is a diligent and hardworking student. Being a quick learner, she exhibits impressive academic abilities. In addition, she is a responsible individual who takes her academic progress very seriously.
I can assure that she will turn out to be an amazing learner and deserves a place in your reputable university.
Please feel free to contact be for further details about XYZ.
I am writing to recommend XYZ for internship at your reputable organization. He has been my student at (name of institute) and has done a diploma in Management Sciences under my supervision and guidance.
I can confirm that XYZ is a hardworking individual and is responsible towards his work. In addition, I can also verify that he is a man of ethics and possess a good character. He has never been involved in a questionable activity at college and has always exhibited a well-disciplined attitude.
I can assure that he will be a valuable asset as an internee at your company. He will withhold the excellent reputation established by your organization.
I, therefore, highly recommend XYZ for internship at (name of company).
Please don’t hesitate to reach me if you have any queries regarding XYZ.
Residence Verification letter
This is verification letter for John Doe who has been my tenant for the past 2 years, residing at (address details).
During his time as a resident at my apartment, he has been a reliable and trustworthy tenant who abided by our agreement rules. In addition, he has maintained the apartment in a good condition and has not caused any damage.
I can confirm that he is a law-abiding and courteous individual. He is also financially stable and has always paid his dues on time.
Based on my excellent experience with John Doe, I can recommend him as a reliable tenant for residence at your property.
I shall be available for any queries and further details. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at the provided number.
- Warning Letter to Supervisor for Inadequate Feedback
- Acknowledgment Letter of Professor for Capable Student
- Warning Letter to Manager for Wrong Work Order
- Secret Santa Letter to Girlfriend
- Cold and Cough Leave Message to Boss
- Secret Santa Messages to Coworkers
- Warning Letter for Insufficient Adherence to Instructions
- Undertaking Letter for Company
- Grievance Letter to Supervisor for Retaliation
- Query Letter for Misconduct
- Thank Email for Accepting our Proposal
- Warning Letter to Restaurant Manager