Infants go through complex processes of development and growth throughout their infancy period. As they develop into children, major growth changes occur, which can be hard not only for the child but also for their parents. In addition to taking care of a child, parents are also responsible for keeping a record of all major details so that they can be shared with healthcare providers and ensure the healthy state of children.
Baby tooth eruption refers to the appearance of the first tooth from the baby gum. Generally, babies have their first tooth eruption at 6 months or later. After the first tooth appears, babies are subjected to solids for extra nourishment. After periodic intervals, babies go through a full cycle of tooth eruption and development until they have a full set of 20 teeth by the age of 3 years. It is important to take care of dental hygiene to ensure a healthy child.
Tooth eruptions vary in order from one baby to another. Some babies have their lower central incisors as their first tooth, while others may have upper incisors. This process keeps taking place until the primary dentition of the child is complete. A record of tooth eruptions helps parents and dentists make informed analyses about the dental care of the child.
The baby tooth eruption record refers to the visual representation of the sequence and timing of tooth appearance until the whole primary set is complete. It may differ for different children based on timing and sequence, but at the end of the primary set, all children have the same sorts of teeth set. A tooth eruption chart can serve as a valuable tool to learn more about dental development.
A general template of a tooth eruption table provides insight into a child’s record of tooth appearance. It may have a simple layout, as given below.
Date of birth:
|Upper central Incisors|
|Lower central incisors|
|Lower lateral incisors|
|Upper lateral incisors|
The above-mentioned table can be used to put in information about a child’s tooth eruption. In place of the date, the accurate age of a child in months can also be added to make a quick analysis.
Teething is the process of tooth eruption among children, which can be associated with the following factors:
- The gums of children may swell, which is a major indicator of tooth eruption.
- Children may feel irritable due to this process.
- Some children may acquire loose motions, which can cause rashes on their private parts.
- While teething, the sleeping pattern of children is greatly disturbed due to uneasiness.
- Due to irritability, food intake might be difficult; therefore, children might remain hungry and throw tantrums.
Teething relief can be done through various methods, such as
- Using teething toys allows children to chew on them and be less irritable.
- Baby’s gums can be massaged with fingers
- Moreover, medicated numbing cream makes it easier for babies to pull through at this stage.
- Dental care, i.e., a toothbrush, may also assist in relieving teething pain.
File: Excel (.xls) 2007+ and iPad
Size: 95 KB
- Medical Report Cover Pages
- Meeting Report Cover Pages
- Company Profile Cover Pages
- Corporate Cover Pages
- Workplace Toilet Etiquette Posters
- Employee Training Checklist Template
- New Hire Checklist Template
- Holiday Gift Coupon Templates
- Doctor Notepad Templates for Word
- Business Report Cover Pages
- Stock Count Sheet Template
- House Renovation Checklist Template
- Envelope Templates Editable with MS Word
- Purchase Order Template for Excel
- Home Renovation and Decoration Budget Worksheet