It is very common for businesses and individuals to make mistakes and then say sorry. Businesses usually care for their credibility and therefore, they need to apologize when they commit a mistake. A mistake doesn’t always mean a loss of a customer or client or deliberate action of a company. Sometimes, a company fails to provide a service after it has committed with clients to provide services smoothly. In this situation, it cancels the service and has to apologize.
What is the impact of an apology letter on the customer:
Through this letter, the customer or client comes to know that the company has canceled the service, and now, they should not expect the provision of services. Although this letter causes a little inconvenience to the customer, it also enables a customer to look for the same services somewhere else or opt for different services.
When you want to write a letter that has an impact on the customer, you are required to follow the tips given below:
- As soon as you cancel the service, let the customer know about it and tell him that you are feeling sorry for canceling the service.
- Mention the reason for canceling the service and tell him what he can do after his service order has been canceled.
- Mention what you can do to correct the situation if you think you have caused a loss to the customer.
Below are two sample letters you can read and understand how an effective cancellation letter can be written.
Sample letter 1:
We are so sorry to inform you that your order placed on 15th August 20XX with order id A23 has been canceled due to quality issues.
Unfortunately, we could not ship the products that you have ordered because the products could not pass our company’s quality assurance parameter. It is our responsibility to not send a low-quality product to our customers. Therefore, we had to cancel the order.
Please accept our sincere apologies in this matter. We can provide you with a voucher for the same amount you paid to us for the previous order so that you can make another purchase from our shop.
However, we can also process a refund on your request. The issuance of a voucher takes 24 hours and a refund can take up to 15 working days to process. Please let us know how you want us to serve you.
We will be so happy to serve you with our best services and high-quality products. Also, we assure you that this type of event will not occur again. Please feel free to contact our customer support team if you want any kind of assistance.
We are feeling much regret while we are letting you know that we have canceled the electrician services you wanted to get from us. This has happened because our workers are currently busy providing services to other customers and therefore, we could not arrange a slot for your services in their busy schedule.
We know that we are committed to providing our customers with quick and best services as soon as they request them. However, due to some internal issues, we failed to fulfill our commitment. Therefore, we request you to please accept our sincere apologies and give us one more chance to make our services better for you. We assure you that this will not happen again.
We have also initiated the processing of a refund of the money you have paid in advance for the service. You will receive the refund in the next 5 to 6 working days. Thank you so much for showing patience. If you have any queries regarding this matter, please feel free to contact our customer support department.
- Request Letter for Research Project Collaboration/acceptance
- Explanation Letter for Absence from Work
- Letter Explaining Absence from Work
- Authorization Letter to Collect/Receive or Claim Documents
- 2nd Reminder Letter for Payment
- Authorization Letter to Claim Birth Certificate
- Request Letter to Professor to Accept for Research Project
- No Promotion Letter for Discipline Violation
- Warning Letter for Inappropriate Behavior at Workplace
- Warning Letter Samples for Outstanding Payment
- Letter Transferring Employee to Another Branch
- Letter to Express Concern about a Team Member
- Loss of Pay Letter to HR
- Letter to Employee for Why not Coming to Work
- Secret Santa Party Invitation Template