An executive secretary helps in maintaining agendas for the executive staff. They assist in planning appointments, board meetings and conferences for the staff. Executive secretary at times needs to attend meetings on behalf of the staff and maintain minutes of the meetings. The executive secretary also takes calls and redirect the calls were required.
The executive secretary performs administrative tasks and is responsible to organize and maintain the schedules of the executives. An executive secretary should have very excellent time management skills and they should be able to multi-task as they will be performing various tasks at one time.
The executive secretary must make sure that they contribute towards the overall achievement of company goals by managing the company tasks effectively and timely.
Executive secretary with more than eight years of experience supporting the mid to senior-level management. Professionally trained in staff supervision, scheduling, reporting, and supervising operations. Experience in business decisions and appreciated for sound judgments.
My experience has taught me to understand office politics and I know how to handle the nerves and settle down the staff issues. I have the experience to work and develop staff policies and how to implement them as an executive.
Advanced level planning skills with the ability to multi-task. Worked on confidential information and experience in handling security systems. Familiarity with administration tools and equipment such as the printer, scanner, and the fax machine. Meeting new people every day helped to improve written and verbal communication skills.
Capable of managing and scheduling meetings and working hours for the executives in various departments independently. Extensive knowledge in the application of instructions, policies, and rules.
My objectives are:
- To manage the operations of the company effectively.
- To schedule important meetings and document them.
- To provide administrative, secretarial and clerical support.
ABC Company May 2012 till present
My key roles in this job are:
- Oversee the daily operations of the company.
- Hire, coach and supervise the staff members.
- To schedule meetings, appointments and maintain calendars for the staff.
- To manage the confidential client information.
- To coordinate workshops and training between the departments.
- To order office supplies and equipment.
- To research, hire and negotiate vendors for best prices and deals.
- To monitor petty cash and handle the office equipment maintenance.
- To market about job vacancies over different portals.
- To implement effective hiring practices and discard any outdated practices.
XYZ Company June 2013 to August 2015
My key roles in this job were:
- To supervise a team of receptionists and administrative staff.
- To handle all the emails and correspondence from clients, vendors and any stakeholders.
- To train staff in a way to achieve the executive goals.
- To plan logistics for travel, events, meetings, and conferences.
- To create, maintain and document database files and records for future reference.
- To order, maintain and track the use of office supplies.
- To review and edit documents that need executive approval.
- To prepare data and information for reporting purposes.
- To receive visitors and attend to their needs.
- Microsoft office
- Oracle calendar
- People management
- Administrative skills
- Communication skills.
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
To be provided on demand.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 59 Kb | Download