An office administrator is a very wide term and covers various job aspects. An office administrator provides office support wherever and whenever needed. Office administrators perform clerical tasks in almost every industry they work in. Some industries might require special skills from office administrators like legal or law industries. They do not need any special knowledge of the field unless they have to follow laws and regulations.
The most common duty of any office administrator is to distribute information around the office and manage clerical tasks. They are responsible for answering any phone calls, taking notes and managing files and paperwork. An office administrator is also responsible for sending and receiving correspondence to the clients and customers.
An office administrator may sound like a small job but actually, this person is responsible for providing support to the senior management wherever needed and they ensure the smooth running of operations. An office administrator has to be a person with knowledge and a combination of skills. It is very important for an office administrator to be organized as they have to keep every aspect of the office organized. An office administrator provides support to the senior management which means that they have to communicate at every level. For this reason, they need to possess strong communication skills.
Office administrator with ten years’ work experience in multiple industries. Strong work ethics and communication skills made it easy to build relationships with senior executives and understand their needs. Provided guidance and training to staff to make sure that the work is distributed equally and the employees work efficiently.
Occasionally performed bookkeeping tasks and provide mentoring to office assistants. Ability to prioritize and work without supervision.
I can take care of all the confidential information as I have worked at key positions that demand trust and reliability. I have got the temperament that drives me to run the company affairs smoothly. This has helped the company getting a stable position in the market.
My objectives in this job were:
- To perform administrative and office activities for senior management.
- To provide support to the senior executives.
- To coordinate office activities and operations to ensure compliance with company policies.
- To manage agendas for management.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To provide customer support service.
- To assist with all aspects of office administration and management.
- To manage inventory of assets and office supplies and to maintain their invoices and records.
- To coordinate between departments and operating units to solve any operational problems.
- To schedule and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- To send out and receive any emails and correspondence.
- To prepare business correspondence, agendas and presentations.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To send faxes and emails to customers and suppliers.
- To manage documents and paperwork.
- To perform multiple office tasks.
- To assist in daily operations where required.
- To operate office machines such as fax machines and computers.
- To distribute mails in every department.
- To greet and answer any customer queries.
- Team player & collaboration skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Well organized.
- Strong work ethic.
To be provided on demand.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 61 Kb | Download