We are living in an age of technology and computers. Every task is done automatically using technology. With just one click, we can send a message anywhere in the world. With the advent of technology, systems and networks have become more secure and safe. A network administrator is a person who is passionate about computers and technology. We order goods online, do the shopping and check our bank statements every day. Behind all the fun that we are having with just a few clicks, a network administrator is making sure that we get a smoothly running process.
A network administrator should be an analytical thinker. Every company has a different need. And every individual will also need a different solution to their problem. So, the network administrator must be a creative thinker to analyze the problems and solve them creatively.
A network administrator not only has to be technically equipped but he should also be very adaptive to change. Technology changes every day. We come across new processes and procedures with a blink of an eye. With this fast-paced environment, a process which is flexible to change can have a wonderful career as a network administrator.
Network administrators are also known as system administrators. They are responsible for the smooth and effective running of computer systems in an organization. Not just the smooth running, they also must make sure that the networks and systems are updated regularly.
Network administrative with ten years of experience in setting up effective and efficient network systems. Analytical thinking skills have always helped to find creative solutions. Rigorous research to keep the company systems updated. Experience to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt the changes quickly.
Worked with a variety of people in the organization from team members to network architects. Analyzed the system processes and made proposals to improve them. Conducted training for the company to make the use of software and hardware easy and understandable. Made decisions regarding the purchase of new network systems or upgrade the previous ones. Stayed connected with the department heads and staff to ensure the efficient running of the work stations.
My objectives in this job were:
- To ensure the updated and efficient running of a company’s systems.
- To coordinate the different systems together in a department.
- To diagnose system troubles and solve them timely.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To install network and computer systems.
- To maintain, repair and upgrade network on computer systems.
- To diagnose and fix problems in the software and hardware.
- To monitor network and systems to improve performance.
- To check logs and audit the network systems.
- To create new programs to improve efficiency.
- To research and implement new technologies.
- To determine the needs of an organization’s network before setting one up.
- To install all hardware and software network upgrades.
- To maintain network and computer system security.
- To ensure all systems are operating correctly.
- To train users for the proper use of the hardware and software.
- Analytical skills.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing environments.
- Computer and technology literate
- Problem-solving approach.
- People management.
- Time management.
To be provided on demand.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 57 Kb | Download