A receptionist performs various administrative tasks. Most of the businesses have many customer’s every day. These customers have various queries. To answer those queries, a receptionist is the best person. A receptionist is the first point of contact for anyone coming to the office. So, a receptionist must be a very calm and organized person. They not only deal with customers but they must also deal with a variety of people every day. For this reason, they should have a well-grounded knowledge of the business operations and its products.
Receptionist performs a similar type of tasks but sometimes, these tasks can vary from industry to industry. A receptionist in an office performs different tasks from a receptionist working in a hospital or a bank. A receptionist should know how to use administrative software and office equipment. They must be very organized and should know how to multitask.
A junior receptionist should be a very active person and they should have complete knowledge of the happenings of the company.
A receptionist does not need any technical education. But a college education in math, English and IT skills can be helpful. They should be experienced in handling phone board systems. Knowledge of multiple languages can be an add on.
Junior receptionist with an experience of 3 years. Worked in industries such as hospitals and universities. Pleasant personality and excellent communication skills. On top of every matter to keep the employees and customers updated about the current matters. Experience in meeting and greetings clients and providing them the required information.
Booking meetings for employees and making travel arrangements for them. A good aesthetic sense which helped to keep the office clean and presentable. Received and posted mails. Kept a log of all the mails and made sure that they are delivered to the right person. Screened phone calls and transferred them to the respective person. Experience in handling phone systems and soft wares.
Directed visitors by keeping a security log. Maintained a list of the stationery that is required by administrative and other departments.
My objectives in this job are/were:
- To maintain security and telecommunications systems.
- To greet, welcome and direct customers and visitors.
- To maintain a schedule for senior management.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To attend, answer and forward telephone calls.
- To greet walk-in customers.
- To direct customers to the relevant person or area.
- To monitor visitors access to ensure the security and confidentiality of the company.
- To use office equipment such as computers, fax and printers.
- To research and search for information to the relevant personnel.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To perform support tasks for the management.
- To perform all clerical tasks such as filling and maintaining documents.
- To maintain a schedule and mark calendars for the management.
- To copy and maintain the records and documents.
- Telephone skills.
- Verbal communication.
- Computer and IT skills.
- Supply management.
To be provided on demand.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 80 Kb | Download
License: ENERGY (Personal use only)
(Distribution) by Kate Elizabeth(CEO)