General accountants also called ledger accountants are responsible to keep track of all the transactions being carried out in an organization. It is important to ensure that all the accounting processes of the company are accurate. The candidate with a degree of graduation in the field of accounting is eligible to apply for this job post.
An accountant is one of the most important people working in any organization. The entire account department of the company depends on the accountant. There are many tasks that are assigned to the general accountant such as preparing monthly and weekly financial reports for the company, preparing audit files, etc.
The resume is a very important document for those account experts who want to apply for the post of general accountant in any firm. It is very important to put a positive impression on the recruiter through the resume. For this reason, the resume should be prepared with care. The resume should be able to reflect all the skills of the applicant that are needed to work on the job post he has applied for. Here is a sample resume for the post of general accountant.
A flexible accounts expert with the ability to adapt himself to the changing environment and principles in the accounts department. A skilled individual with complete expertise in working with complex calculations based on accounting. Capable enough to provide a fast response to the queries and investigations of the firm’s customers.
My main objective is to work as a general accountant in a well-reputed organization where I can able to prove myself as a productive part of the firm. I also want to recognize my potential and caliber of working as an expert accountant who can be profitable for the firm.
I have worked as an accountant in ABC corporation from [DATE] to [DATE]
My key roles in this job are/were
- Collaborating with auditors during the process of auditing
- Ensuring that all the accounting activities are completely in accordance with the GAAP
- Preparing annual federal state returns for individuals as well as for big firms
- Performing financial and statistical reporting
- Preparing analysis for monthly varying profit and loss details
- Monitoring all the activities of the accounts department
- Sound knowledge of MS word, SAP accounting system, MS Outlook, Quick Books, MS Excel, JD Edwards, Great Plains, MS Publisher, Windows 2003 professionals.
- Capable to prepare financial statements
- Skilled at managing treasury and the inventory of the firm
- Ability to handle the calculation related to accounting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of leading the team and meeting the deadlines with teamwork
- Ability to work in any time of environment and under pressure
- Completely expert in multi-tasking
- Sound knowledge of reviewing the facts and figures used in accounting and can check their authenticity.
Reference will be furnished at the time of interview
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 82 Kb | Download