Nowadays, we come to know of various corporate scandals every now and then. Investors are ready to invest money in companies for a good return. But at the same time, they want the involvement of a third party to make sure that their funds are used in the best way. Fund administrators are individuals who are responsible for the money invested. Fund administrators are also known as investment administrators.
Fund administrators are third parties who work for protecting the rights and interests of the investors. The investors are responsible to hire and bear the expenses of the fund administrators. The fund administrators calculate the net asset value of the funds invested. By the month-end, the fund administrators must make sure that the transactions processed occurred as well.
The fund administrator must make sure that all the investments are reconciled. Fund administration is a technical job which requires not only technical knowledge but also it needs years of experience as well. The fund administrator should not only make the reconciliations, but he also needs to ensure that the securities are traded on fair prices.
Fund administrator with 8 years’ experience in servicing and managing funds. Successfully managed the funds of the investors and re-invested the pool of savings in successful ventures such as shares and securities. Responsible for preparing and publishing an annual and interim set of accounts for the stakeholders.
Managed the back-office financial paperwork processing and ensured that the clients receive updated information regarding the invested funds. Compliance with necessary legal regulations and anti-laundering procedures. Calculating and processing dividends and making sure that all the shareholders receive the financial information as well as the dividends on time. Liaising with the clients, shareholders and fund managers.
My objectives in this job were:
- To service and manage a fund for the investors.
- To prepare and publish annual and interim accounts.
- To comply with regulatory requirements and money laundering procedures.
- To keep knowledge of the fund markets and currencies.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To calculate daily, weekly and monthly net asset value calculation.
- To calculate the pricing of securities at current market value.
- To prepare financial statements and conduct audit liaison.
- To ensure the opening and control of bank fund accounts.
- To prepare reports for shareholders.
- To prepare reconciliations of the brokers, bank and investment manager statements.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To ensure payment of fund expenses.
- To perform accounting services, maintain and file financial books and records.
- To calculate dividends and plan their payments to the shareholders.
- To price the portfolio of the funds.
- To calculate the total returns and other measures of the funds.
- To conduct money laundering reporting and monitoring.
- Team player.
- Computer literate.
- Organized and meets the deadlines.
- Ready to work overtime.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Confident and positive personality.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
To be provided on demand.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 59 Kb | Download