A file clerk is responsible for checking incoming paperwork like invoices or any correspondence and maintaining copies before distributing them. Every business needs a lot of paperwork and files. And managing those files can be a real challenge. The file clerk is responsible for sorting these files according to date, significance, and the content.
The flow of information is very heavy these days. Companies get a lot of information on a regular basis. This information might be valuable for the company. So, the file clerk needs to make sure that he keeps all the information up-to-date and create new files when needed.
A file clerk is a person who is well organized and tries to meet deadlines. Understanding of confidentiality and data protection is very important for the file clerk. An ideal file clerk is a person who is focused on details and has excellent computer skills.
Creative, self-starter file clerk who has extensive experience in file management. Introduced filling system ideas that improved the systems in the company. Efficiently handled all the tasks related to file management. Worked more than a decade in different fields to maintain files. Experience in health management and medical record keeping per the law and regulatory requirements.
Profound knowledge of the business operations, processes, maintenance of confidential information and release of correspondence and information. Trust worthy and dedicated individual who knows how to handle and protect the confidentiality of secure data. Accustomed to heavy correspondence, emails, and flow of information.
Excellent communication skills over the phone and otherwise. Trained to work with Microsoft Office applications and various business software’s.
- To check incoming paperwork and keeping a copy before distribution information.
- To create new files and update the existing ones.
- To store all the paperwork in a secure and designated place, where it is easy for the relevant person to access them.
- To enter the paperwork in computer systems either by data entry or using scanners.
- To keep logs of the borrowed files and deal with requests for the access of files.
ABC Company May 2016 till present
- To review records for completeness, accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- To retrieve records for the use of executives and stakeholders.
- To ensure the protection of confidential data.
- To plan, develop, maintain and operate an effective system of file management.
- To store and retrieve data, collect, classify, and analyze information for future prospect.
- To compile and maintain data to help in research, cost control and forecasting.
- To release information to individuals, companies, and stakeholders.
XYZ Company July 2015 to June 2016
My key roles in this job were:
- To research the required files and keep them updated.
- To assist with preparing documents for scanning and indexing documents into file net systems.
- To verify the accuracy and validity of the data by proofreading.
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bilingual English & Mandarin.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Fast typing speed.
- Team player.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to details.
To be provided on demand.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 60 Kb | Download
License: ENERGY (Personal use only)
(Distribution) by Kate Elizabeth(CEO)