Coronavirus is a newly discovered pandemic that has taken the entire world in troll. From China to America and South Asia to Europe, we are unable to see a single country that is not bothered by this new kind of viral disease.
As long as the measures against the new diseases are concerned, the first thing to do is to stop panicking and play our part as much as we can to spread awareness so that we can combat the situation unanimously. Information regarding coronavirus has been available all over the media and internet for the people to get notes and take measures at individual levels.
But first, we need to know a little about the background to have a better understanding of the disease.
What is coronavirus?
A coronavirus is a group of viruses that are known for causing diseases that can range from common cold and flu to Middle East Respiratory distress syndrome. Recently a new type of this virus has been identified in patients complaining of flu and pneumonia. This new type is called as COVID-19. This virus is speculated to have been transferred from the bats since the same type of viruses has been identified in the bats and rodents.
Coronavirus is spread as the droplet infection and person to person transmission is extremely high in close contacts. It is also spread by coughing and sneezing of the affected person. Once infected, the person develops flu-like symptoms and if the immunity of the affected patient is low, it can lead to severe respiratory distress, multi-organ failure and ultimate death of the patient.
Coronavirus cleaning for the workers
Since it is a zoonotic disease, we must know how to prevent and get rid of the virus to prevent the complications and morbidity of the infection. There must be a proper way of disinfection and cleaning of the surfaces especially for the workers who are at more risk of developing Coronavirus disease than other populations.
- The first and foremost thing is isolation, quarantine and before that the staying at home technique. We don’t want to get the virus while on the go and we also don’t want to spread it if we are infected God Forbid. So yes, stay at home when ill.
- Don’t use re-useable mops and sponges for cleaning the surfaces and floors.
- A cleanup kit for the workers helps them stay away from the spread of disease.
Clean up kit
This is the most important is the cleaning kit for the workers which must include;
- Gloves (two sets)
- Sterilized gowns
- Paper towels (plenty)
- A disinfectant which is effective against the viruses
- A tape, tourniquet or a signage
- A bag where workers can dump their used personal protective equipment
- Secure trash container to manage all the waste and bodily fluids
- An instructions manual containing all the necessary instructions regarding the use of the kit.
File: Word (.docx) 2007+ and iPad Size 12 Kb | Download